What are you looking for?
What are you looking for?
* In Spanish
The Immunity and Sanctions Reduction Program is an effective tool to detect, investigate and sanction absolute monopolistic practices.
Any person or company that has participated or is carrying out illegal agreements with its competitors can adhere to it to receive a reduction of the corresponding fines and to be released from criminal liability. In exchange, it must provide information and elements regarding said agreements and maintain full and continuous cooperation throughout the procedure to determine the existence of absolute monopolistic practices.
Any person who has contributed, promoted, induced, or participated in the commission of such practice may also adhere to the program. The identity of the informant economic agent will be kept confidential.
Those interested must submit their request by voicemail to the telephone number +52 (55) 27-89-66-32 or send an email to email@example.com. They must expressly state their wish to be benefited from the program, the identity of the applicant, the industry, market and/or goods or services object of the application, and provide contact information.
Upon reception of the application, the Investigative Authority contacts the applicant to inform the place, day, and time to present the means of conviction in their possession.
The benefit of the reduction of sanctions reduction is granted as long as:
- Applies to adhere to the Immunity Program and provides sufficient elements that allow the initiation of an investigation or to presume the existence of the practice;
- Cooperates fully and continuously with COFECE in the investigation it conducts and, if it is the case, in the trial-like procedure; and
- Conducts the necessary actions to cease its participation in the absolute monopolistic practice.
The benefits of the Immunity Program are:
- The first applicant to meet the requirements will receive a minimum fine consisting of the amount equivalent to a minimum daily wage in the Federal District (SMGVDF)
- The subsequent economic agents that request this benefit may receive fine reductions of up to 50, 30, or 20% percent.
- All economic agents admitted to the Immunity Program will not be criminally responsible for the commission of absolute monopolistic practices.
For more information and details on the Immunity Program, please contact the Investigative Authority, to the General Directorate of Investigations of Absolute Monopolistic Practices at the phone number +52 (55) 27-89-66-24.